Here's where I stand on my Bloggiesta projects.
1) I tried to do text boxes/block quotes. This required editing my template. Scary! For some reason, it didn't work. But for those of you who are interested in trying it, I'll run a guest post in the next week or so with all Arianne's instructions. I'm 100% sure it was my fault, not hers. You can try it out and let me know if it worked for you.
2) I set up a Mr. Linky account! Want to know how? Go to The Book Butcher's blog post and she'll fill you in.
3) I moved all my Hunger Games Trivia Questions into a special page. Did you miss any questions or do you just want to try again now that you've seen the movie? The page is here!
4) Backed up my blog and my template! Easy peasy!
5) I tried switching my list of blog pages to tabs under my banner, but it looked really ugly. No good.
6) Inspired by how efficient I was feeling, I put back a drawstring in my favorite dog walking sweatshirt. You know when the drawstring comes all the way out and you can't get it back in? So annoying!
7) I made a Bloggiesta blogging buddy. It's Patrick @ The Bookshelves. Go check out his blog!!
8) Changed the copyright date on my footer. Need to keep up with the times!
9) I did a comments contest drawing! I love saying thanks to all my amazing blog readers. Without them, I'm just sitting here, talking to myself. Here's what the winners picked:
FanofaSymmetry chose Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Andrea @ Overstuffed Bookcase chose Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
Ashelynn @ Gypsy Book Reviews chose Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
Elin chose Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
And a last minute addition --
Jenny @ Juliababyjen's Reading Room chose Last Echo by Kimberly Derting
All your comments from today on count for the April drawing!
Tomorrow, in addition to doing my IMM, I'll post some ideas I have for the blog and would love your feedback!
Ahhh I hate when the string comes out of my sweat shirts. Anyways, it sounds like you were pretty productive.ReplyDelete
I'm now torturing my family by going through their closets and pulling out stuff I'm sure they don't need.Delete
Congrats to the winners!!ReplyDelete
Sorry about the blockquote, that was my fault, I gave an incomplete html. Hope it works out for you now! :D
Don't forget to set up a beta account :)
Uh oh. What is a beta account? Do you mean like a practice blog that I can try stuff out on? That's a really good idea. I have one. It's calledDelete
My Secret YA Addiction. But it's secret. And it has no posts ;)
haha yes a test blog :)Delete
As u saw in the video, mine is just called Beta hahaha
I could never get the block quotes thing to work in my template either so I just use the html code and paste it in each post individually.ReplyDelete
I give you props for putting the drawstring back in. I always just pull it out cause I don't have the patience to put it back.
Thanks -- am going to try putting the code in the post. Stay tuned!Delete
I LOVE that you included putting the drawstring back in your hoodie :oD My rabbit always tries to pull mine out, but thankfully I've been able to stop her before she succeeds, lolReplyDelete
Mad props to your successes, lady! :o)
Ha ha. While I suspect that you guys are mocking my sweatshirt success, I am still pleased that I managed to get that done. The drawstring has been sitting on my kitchen counter for a month.Delete
I will have to come back for the Hunger Games Trivia Questions once I have seen the movie - I know!! Why have I not seen it yet?ReplyDelete
My son deliberately pulls out all his drawstrings - then he just has to live with it. Who does he think I am - his Mother?
I saw block quotes on others blogs and had no idea that I could actually do it with mine. But Hafsah at IceyBooks did a post about it and I actually was able to get them to work. Since then I use them all the time.ReplyDelete
I hate when my drawstrings fall out it's a pain to get them back where the go.
You seem to have been pretty busy, maybe it will rub off on me and I'll get something done.
I love that you included fixing the drawstring. :) I hate when they fall out! You're doing awesome with your list ... keep up the good work!ReplyDelete
Great progress, Jen! And I love how you added in that bit about the drawstring! There are so many little things like that around the house that I should do... Maybe later. ;)ReplyDelete
I'm still doing a little happy dance every time I think of that comment contest! Thanks so much again and I can't wait to read Glimmer!
LOL @ number six. I know the feeling. It happens all the time to one of my jacket.ReplyDelete