Happy Friday! Today's Freebie Friday is the Bad Boys Edition.
After our discussion last week, I decided we'd have a very informal poll about our favorite bad boys.
Just to be clear, I don't mean bad guys. A bad guy is a villain, a sociopath, the kind of person you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.
A bad boy is a lovable rogue, a charming scoundrel, the kind of guy your mom warned you would break your heart.
Because I review YA, here are my TOP TEN YA BAD BOYS...
10. Kaiden Rowe from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins.
This guy is in a band. He has a British accent. But don't underestimate his bad boy credentials -- he's also a fallen angel, son of the Duke of Lust.
9. Cassel Sharpe from the Curseworkers series by Holly Black. Yeah, Cassel is a bookie. He has those scary powers. Comes from a crime family. But he just wants to do the right thing.
8. Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. Yeah, he seems rude and arrogant, but you know that's a defense mechanism...
7. Travis Stephenson from Something Like Normal by Trish Doller. Travis, just home from Afghanistan, has been through a lot. Still, even before he shipped out, he did some jerk wad stuff. Now that he's back, more of the same. But deep down, he really is a good guy who is there for his mom, his friends, his country and his girl.
6. Kaleb Ballard from Hourglass by Myra McIntyre. Lily slaps him the first time they meet. But he's had a hard time, what with his parents in a coma and stuff. He drinks too much, but he's definitely redeemable.
5. Tobias "Four" Eaton from the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. Yeah, Tris slaps him and he deserves it. But he's just trying to pretend he doesn't like her so she'll be safe.
4. Kenji Kishimoto of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. What can I say? I can't resist a guy with a sense of humor. You call him arrogant, I call him sarcastic. Edgy. He better be in Unravel Me!
3. Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. Tough cadet. Tough competitor. Soft guy underneath.
2. Wesley Rush from The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. Wesley is a player, a smartass, and thinks he's all that. Where's the charm, you ask? Just read the book.
1. Adrian Ivashkov from the Vampire Academy series and the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. Poor Adrian. Ditched by Rose, tormented by "spirit," he drinks and carouses to hide his pain. His good looks and quick wit make him the most charming and irresistible kind of bad boy.
To enter Freebie Friday, tell me in comments: who's your favorite fictional bad boy? You can vote for one of my guys or propose your own. And because I love a nice guy, maybe we'll tackle them next week...THIS FREEBIE FRIDAY IS CLOSED TO ENTRIES. PLEASE STOP BY THE BLOG EVERY FRIDAY FOR NEW DISCUSSIONS AND GIVEAWAYS!