So…. this is my kind of pie chart. I'm a words person, not a numbers person. But at the end of last year, I did a blogging stats post that was so fun (for me, at least!) that I decided to do it again. And since this is the second year of keeping stats, I can spot trends in my own reading.
Interested? If not, it's completely okay if you want to just go eat some pie…
How many books did I read in 2012?
200! This number was unchanged from last year. I read about 2-3 books a week, plus a big stack on my summer vacation, which is a comfortable pace for me.
How many books did I review on my blog in 2013?
148! Last year I reviewed 120.
How many debut books did I read in 2013?
40. That number is down from last year, when I read 63. Not sure what explains that, as I think that debuts are often more readily available for review.
Okay, now we get to the pie!
Where Did I Get the Books I Read in 2013?
Physical ARCs sent for review 12%
Other (library, borrowed, swapped) 9%
What Genres Did I Read in 2013?
Science Fiction 15%
This breakdown didn't change a lot -- and it's not a perfect analysis because of all the books that blur genre lines -- but I definitely read more science fiction and suspense in 2013.
Am I Still Reading Too Many Series?
In 2012, my stats were 37% series, 56% standalone, 7% companion.
In 2013, my stats were 43% series, 49% standalone, 8% companion
I guess the answer is yes….
Series/Trilogies I Finished in 2013:
1. Across the Universe trilogy by Beth Revis
2. Prodigy trilogy by Marie Lu
3. Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth
4. Birthright trilogy by Gabrielle Zevin
5. Chemical Garden trilogy by Lauren DeStefano
6. Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
7. Dreamless trilogy by Josephine Angelini
8. Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy by Rae Carson
9. Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver
10. Lumatere Chronicles trilogy by Melina Marchetta
11. Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty